Borrowing & Circulation Services
All Dokuz Eylul University faculty members, students, and staff are eligible to borrow books.
Academic staff can borrow 5 books for 28 days.
PhD students can borrow 4 books for 28 days.
Master’s students can borrow 3 books for 28 days.
Undergraduate students can borrow 2 books for 14 days.
Administrative staff can borrow 3 books for 14 days.
Retired administrative staff can borrow 3 books for 14 days.
Retired academic staff can borrow 5 books for 28 days.
- Any resource taken out of the library must be checked out to the borrowers at the circulation desk.
- Library user should show his / her ID card to the staff at the circulation desk.
- Materials that are frequently consulted or heavily used- like encyclopaedias, dictionaries,serials, thesis and reserve materials- may not be taken outside the Library.
Overdue Items Policies and Procedures
- The borrower bears full responsibility for their timely return.
- Readers with overdue materials cannot perform any action other than returning the material.
The fine for overdue materials
Books => 0.25 TL per day.
Reserv resources => 0,25 TL per hour
Izmir University Platform => 1 TL per day
- E-mail notices are sent to the user in order to warn them about their borrowed materials before they become overdue. Users returning their materials during three days grace period will not be subject to any overdue charges. Any book returned after the grace period will be subject to overdue fees, which will include charges for the three-days grace period. A book that is four days overdue will thus be subject to a 1 TL fine.
The fine for loss or damage materials
- In the case of loss or damage of a book; users have to provide the same editon of book. If you can not provide the book, you will be charged the market value of the item plus replacement fee (30 TL for Turkish books, $50 for foreign language books) plus any overdue fines already incurred.
Renewals, Holds and Recalls
- Library resources can be renewed one time using “My Account” on the library web site, if the book has not been held by another user.
- Online renewal is permitted in 4 days before the due date. After due date renewal is not permitted.
- Users may reserve (hold) the books using “My Account” on the library web site. E-mail notices are sent to the user when the book is returned the library. Users must borrow the book in 3 days from the book hall on the first floor.
- Please note that the Library may recall any material in any time.